From Harford Hackerspace
Date: April 5th, 2009
Time: 12:00PM (Noon) Eastern
Location: Belcamp, MD (E-Mail email@example.com for Address)
Agenda - This meeting has passed and the agenda has been archived.
- Miles - RepRap, Electronics, BA/MS,Doctorate Electronics
- Andy - Saw us on Wired, Electronics, Learning to Solder, NetworkEng - NG
- Chris Shelley - s/w Intern - NG, Passing interest in electronics, also from wired
- Chris Cockrum- Research Engineer, Widgets Designer, Embedded Devices, Assembler Programmer(!), CNC
- Brian Dolge - Help Desk, RepRap/CNC, Electronics, Solder Beginner, Woodworking, Jewelry/Enamel work, metal casting
- Jason McMahon - Inventor
- David Powell - Home Automation Guru, Experienced Solderer, Amature C# Programer, A.A.S Electronics
- April 25th - RobotFest - Linthicum
- Miles - Bringing robot
- Jason - Can supply 2 6foot Table(s) that will be brought by David or Brian, Can hopefully also supply older voice bot.
- Brian - Will be at RobotFest with RepRap but can assist in bringing things using his station wagon.
- Baltimore AVAM Kinetic Sculpture Race is a possible event to raise awareness.
- It was discussed that $50/month dues is reasonable for all members in attendance.
- It would be ideal to keep 3 months rent in the bank.
- Rent amount is still unknown but after this meeting a place has been scouted for $400/month.
- Bullroast should be an annual event since it does not directly relate to what we do.
- Quarter Auction should be a semi annual event since it should be easier to pull off yet does not directly relate to what we do.
The members in attendance voted and elected the following officers:
- Chair - Dave Powell
- Treasurer - Miles C. D.Pekala
- Secretary - Jason McMahon
- Safety Committee should be appointed by the board once we move into a location
- Responsible for posting instuctions near tools for proper use
- Educate members of general safety concerns in open training sessions
- Community centers
- Recreation Center
- Space at Load of Fun?
- Creative Alliance
Review of Bylaws
- Charter Member - Votes - Keys Automatic - $50+/Month
- Standard Member - Votes - Keys by request/vote - $50+/month
- Student Member - Endentured Service 6 hours/month - Additional hours reduce fees - $25+/month
- Immediate family members are included (offspring, spouses)
- Standard Members can ascend to Charter Member status based on a vote by existing charter members and must be nominated by an existing charter member. New charter members must be participating members in good standing on dues and should contribute skills/time/equipment to the space.
- Personnel Duties
- Chair-Organizer of meetings, overseer of votes, co-pay bills, approve meeting minutes, edit blog/WIKI
- Treasurer-Collect member dues, track membership, track equipment loans/donations, co-pay bills, donations letters (tax)
- Secretary-Website backend, meeting meetings, documentation
- Changes to Bylaws
- Eligibility for Membership needs to be reworked (AII/SI)
- Add specified amounts to membership dues and solidify working of section (AII, SII)
- Add section (AII,SIII.5) - Definition of "Guest"
- Add definition of terms including Guest, Access, Facilities,